Saturday, June 19, 2010

Linko! XLIX

Hey readers! Kevin Mahadeo here filling in for Kiel for this week's Linko! Let's get this party rolling:



* Ever wonder what life on the seven seas was like for Cap'n Crunch? Well wonder no more because Comicrazys posted some strips by Jay Ward Studios. (Via!)

* Over at ComiXology, Shaenon K. Garrity lists the 10 manga that define manga. As a manga man myself, I think this list is pretty rad. Looks like I've got some reading to do. Thanks to Robot 6 for the heads up.

* Kick-starter band project from Kiel's friend Angela...she's not in the band, she just likes them, and he trust her taste: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/652986007/who-needs-a-record-deal-when-we-have-you-help-rele

* "Anne of Green Gables" has made it onto Project Guttenberg. Kiel said he is going to spend the next week reading it, so join along. It'd be almost like reading it together.


* This one comes from over at /Film, which informs me there exists purchasable "Fight Club" replica soap. But more importantly, also available: Han Solo in carbonite soap.

* Remember that Blue Beetle test footage Geoff Johns mentioned? Well, ComicBookMovie.com found 5 seconds of it in a demo reel.

* The Florida Supercon is going on this weekend in Miami. I'm heading out there tomorrow with some friends so expect pictures in the near future. Tickets should still be available at the door for those who want to come find me. I'm giving away free hugs and high fives!

* The new creative team on "Power Girl" takes over next week and back when I first saw Sami Basri's cover, I knew I wanted to give this series a look. And now with preview pages out, I'm pretty much drooling in anticipation.

* Finally, I'm a HUGE fan of the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" television series. It's easily one of the best shows ever created for anything ever. I'm still a little hesitant on the upcoming film, but these little snippet videos showcasing each of the four nations is undoubtedly awesome. Head over here to check them out!

1 comment:

Colin said...

As a huge fan of the Avatar cartoon series I have very low expectations for the film. The casting decisions aside it just looks way too dark. Unless the movie is radically different from what the trailers present, Shymalan has forgone the fun, humor-filled side of the show for agnst and special effects.