Monday, August 2, 2010

Captain America & Black Widow in The Nanny Diaries

A random thought struck me this morning that this totally happened:

Chris "Captain America" Evans played the male romantic interest for Scarlett Johansson in this 2007 kinda-romantic comedy that I totally saw because Megan wasn't feeling well and I wanted to cheer her up (and she really wanted to see it). I am now replaying as many scenes as I can remember in my head with Evans' character as Cap and ScarJo's as the Black Widow.

It occurs to me that now that more or less the entire Avengers cast is out there and it's a pretty diverse group of actors, this type of thing could become a regular occurence as I scan through the film archive of my brain, and that makes me somewhat excited. I am a man of simple pleasures.

4 comments:

Alexander Lorenzen said...

I always do this when I watch other movies also. It's kind of like a MArvel what if scenario if you take away everything comic related and add in romantic comedy elements.

Jesse T. said...

You should rent the 1994 flick "Speechless" just to watch Batman (Michael Keaton) and Superman (Christopher Reeve) sneer at each other.

puertas metalicas exterior said...

Thank you for this article, really useful material.

www.malaga-3d.com said...

Quite worthwhile piece of writing, lots of thanks for the article.