Sunday, August 1, 2010

Art Attack: October 2010's coolest covers

Trick or treat! Time for the 25 comic book covers for October 2010 that caught my eye through artistic brilliance, provocative design, etc.

Yeah...that's all I got. I'm still tired, folks!

ACTION COMICS #894 by David Finch
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #647 by Marko Djurdjevic
ASTONISHING X-MEN: XENOGENESIS #5 by Kaare Andrews
DEADPOOLMAX #1 by Kyle Baker
DV8: GODS & MONSTERS #7 by Fiona Staples
GREEN ARROW #5 by Mauro Cascioli
INVADERS NOW! #2 by Alex Ross
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #31 variant by Salvador Larroca
IRON MAN LEGACY #7 by Juan Doe
iZOMBIE #6 by Mike Allred
JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST #12 by Kevin Maguire
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #6 by Yildiray Cinar
LOKI #1 by Sebastian Fiumara
METALOCALYPSE/DETHKLOK #1 by Eric Powell
SCALPED #42 by Jock
SECRET AVENGERS #6 variant by Amanda Conner
SHADOWLAND: MOON KNIGHT #3 by Francesco Mattina
STRANGE TALES II #1 by Rafael Grampa
SUPER HERO SQUAD #10 by Leonel Alexis Castellani
THE THANOS IMPERATIVE #5 by Aleksi Briclot
THOR: THE MIGHTY AVENGER #5 by Chris Samnee
TRON: THE BETRAYAL #1 by Salvador Larroca
ULTIMATE COMICS THOR #1 by Carlos Pacheco
UNCANNY X-FORCE #1 by Esad Ribic
THE UNWRITTEN #18 by Yuko Shimizu

I don't know how onboard I am with Green Arrow's new direction (I'll certainly give it a shot, but I liked the "Arrow Family"), but man, Mauro Cascioli's covers really grab my attention.

One new direction I am very much digging is Paul Cornell's on Action Comics, and I must say David Finch's covers really do give it that extra zing.

And hat tip to my man Alejandro Arbona for at least in part coming up with the clever vampire variant to Invincible Iron Man #31 as perfectly brought to fruition by Salvador Larroca.

8 comments:

Phillyradiogeek said...

Man-Thing in Super Hero Squad for a Halloween issue?

THERE IS A GOD!!

Ben Morse said...

Ryan Penagos and I look over all the Marvel covers as soon as they come in each month and for the past year or so noted how many The Hood appeared on, but now it's Man-Thing.

In other words: The Hood was the new Wolverine, but now Man-Thing is the new Hood.

JimmyGlenn711 said...

YES LEONEL CASTELLANI!!!

He worked with me on my Kid Occult pitch! I am stoked that he is working at Marvel now!

All the other covers are cool too... I guess...

Anonymous said...

Naming the 25 "coolest" covers in a single month is like naming the 25 top brands of breakfast cereal.

You know who I feel sorry for? Cover #26.

HeyYoMike said...

Rafael Grampa is awesome. I love his style.

Catman Scratches said...

Green Arrow's covers leave me panting for more skinless shots ;)

www.encontactos.com said...

Quite useful material, thanks so much for the post.

muebles pontevedra said...

To my mind everybody have to glance at this.