Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Nova sketch

One of the cool things about having a sketchbook with even a little bit of a reputation among the comic circuit is that occasionally (like, twice) some artists will even ask you if they can draw in it as opposed to vice versa. This is a rare occurence for me, but after my last few Nova sketch posts, I was fortunate to experience it once more, as my officemate Margarita showed the blog to her boyfriend, Terry, and he decided he wanted to give a shot for himself. The result was this beauty...
Terry works in design by trade, but obviously part and parcel of the skillset required for that means he's got art chops, as you can clearly see here. This seriously vaulted right up to near the top of my list as far as favorite sketches as it includes several things I'm a sucker for, including (but not limited to) humor, color and the use of a Wite-out pen. I think Terry's take on Nova's costumes, with slight but significant alterations to the classic model, is pretty darn badass; I also dig huge on the energy effects he created and, of course, the inclusion of Iron Man in the perfect manner. Can you believe this dude doesn't draw comics for a living, but just for fun?

Anyways, much thanks to Terry as well as Margarita, and for those of you looking on with envy, I will totally pass him your name for a hefty but totally reasonable finder's fee.

6 comments:

JimmyGlenn711 said...

Wow that's awesome. I love all of your sketchbook posts so get more sketches!

Ben Morse said...

Doing my best :-p

HeyYoMike said...

Ricky introduced me to your blog a couple days ago and I've really enjoyed it. I'd be happy to contribute, via long distance, to your sketchbook. I have some of my work posted on my blog at www.heyyomike.com. Check it out!

Ben Morse said...

Wow! I'd love that, Michael! I'll get your info from Rickey. Thanks!

HeyYoMike said...

Awesome! Sounds good.

KP said...

Sad Iron Man is sad.