Thursday, September 2, 2010

NOT LIKE THIS!!!

My Marvel Legends Hawkeye figure has been being a jerk the last week or so, repeatedly jumping off the shelf where I keep my collection, presumably because he sees a Kree spaceship or something.

To teach him a lesson, I have placed him upside down in a glass mug surrounded by plush bunnies, Teen Titans PVCs, an Iz from The Maxx and a Hello Kitty painting on cardboard.

Note how I have placed his bow above him, just tantalizingly out of his reach, and located him near a portrait of himself in happier times. I fully recognize this belies a sadistic streak on my part.

Unfortunately for him, I don't have the Scarlet Witch figure, so he'll just have to wait this one out.

4 comments:

KP said...

It cracks me up that you own an Iz toy. Did you read The Maxx?

Ben Morse said...

I didn't read it when it came out, but I watched the cartoon on MTV and really got into it, so I went back and read as much as we had of it at Wizard (in part because I was doing the Messner-Loebs piece). The story fascinates me.

The Iz toy was definitely just something I found in the warehouse though.

Jordan Geary said...

I used my mug from Dano's wedding last night as well. It is a glorious cup for drinking and entombing action figures.

Ben Morse said...

It really is. I just grabbed the first mug available, but the craftsmanship is impeccable and the fact that my name is on the front really adds a lot, I feel.